1 In A Million
We are aiming for a thousand, ten thousand, or a MILLION wonderful people to support our work! Will you be one of them?
The purpose of 1 In A Million is to create a network of donators, volunteers, fundraisers, and champions to support our work and help us help more women and their families across Derby and Derbyshire. The women we support are some of the most disadvantaged, vulnerable and isolated women in society. Many have no support networks, poor mental and physical health and have no way of improving their lives alone.
- Like to support an important cause that changes lives?
- Want the opportunity to possibly develop your skills or be trained in new ones through voluntary work?
- Like to be invited to join our fundraising events, galas and more as well as have the opportunity to organise your own events?
- Use our logo if you are a business to highlight your Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Like to be kept informed of our activities and achievements through a newsletter?
Did You Know That At Women’s Work:
- We help some of the most disadvantaged women, and their children, in Derby and Derbyshire
- We support over 850 women every year
- We help children living in homes, where there is domestic abuse and drug and alcohol addiction
- We run the Freedom Programme – a life-changing course for women fleeing or recovering from domestic abuse.
- We offer the Positive Parenting Programme to improve parenting and family relationships
- We provide intensive one-to-one support, advocacy, life skills, and confidence enhancing groups
- We empower women to develop resilience and practical skills to ensure families move on and can support themselves
You Could Support Us By:
Support the delivery and administrative functions within the charity by offering practical skills (anything such as photography, gardening, workshop delivery - you name it and we can use it) and/or further develop your skills with training opportunities
Make a one-off donation or set up a regular standing order and help us change the lives of women and their families around Derby and Derbyshire
Improve your event planning skills and organise your own events, coffee mornings, cake sales or sponsored walks to raise funds for Women's Work
Raise awareness of Women's Work and the 1 In A Million Campaign using social media, through friends and family, colleague's and businesses
Fill a jam jar with loose change to be donated to Women's Work, place/collect donation boxes on behalf of Women's Work or collect/donate practical items such as clothes, non-perishables, toiletries
Together We Could:
- Ensure that women and their children live a life free from emotional and physical harm
- Reduce the number of women living in isolation by improving their life skills and their confidence
- Increase the number of women gaining educational qualifications and encourage them towards employment or training
- Help women to break the cycle of destructive behaviour and promote positive life changes
Become 1 in a Million now by completing the form below.
Once you have registered we will forward further information about your chosen area of involvement.
Note: Fields marked '*' must be completed.