What we do
What is Women's Work?
Women's Work is a National Award Winning Charity, founded in 2003, with an aim to improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged and vulnerable women. The agency has evolved over the years and is now delivering a range of services, inspirational events, support, advocacy and practical workshops, to improve health outcomes for women. Our services are targeted at women who have complex and multifaceted needs, including those affected by drug and alcohol misuse, women offenders, women exploited through prostitution and those fleeing domestic abuse.
At Women's Work, we are passionate about helping women from the most deprived and troubled backgrounds to gain the skills and confidence they need to succeed and make positive and lasting life changes, that will improve their overall health and well-being.
At Women's Work:
- We help some of the most disadvantaged women (and their children) in the community
- We support over 750 women every year
- We help children living in homes where there is domestic abuse and drug and alcohol addiction
- We deliver the Freedom Programme, a life changing course for women fleeing or recovering from domestic abuse
- We deliver a Parenting Programme to improve parenting skills and family relationships
- We provide intensive one-to-one support, advocacy, drop-in, life skills and confidence enhancing groups
- We deliver Therapeutic Workshops
- We empower women to develop resilience and practical skills to ensure they can move on, develop support networks and can live confident fulfilling lives.
Our holistic approach to supporting women is key to helping them turn their lives around and we will never turn a vulnerable woman away, signposting to partners and other agencies if we can not help.